What happens when you have a toddler, a full time mind intensive job, and life? Well for me, I get too busy to blog about it. So for your nickle and dime tour of our life since you've last heard:I learned and conquered the art of snowboarding. I survived my first winter back in the midwest in over two years- but hold on- this was Green Bay's 3rd worst winter in history. You can high five me later. I am fitting in more with work and am happy with the engineering work i'm doing. I actually look forward to work now. I developed one of the worst habits I've ever had; picking at my cuticles. I pick so bad they bleed. Gross and Ouch! I've taken some time for Natalie: I'm slowly incorporating reading back into my daily ritual. Books beyond those written by Dr. Suess.
Kaiden is healthy! today. He may have an allergy to dogs (like he does cats) that is sparking his asthma flares which in turn is keeping him sick. We've diligently taken efforts to keep Poohbah's tongue (and head) out of Kaiden's mouth. So far, I've done a surprisingly great job of putting a stop to their mouth hugs. Kaiden can read! He is talking in sentences, running faster than even my trot can handle, and exploring whatever he can get his hands on. He's still so tender; surprising me with kisses - Just because. His manners are well equiped with the best "TEE TOO" you will ever hear in your life. His new found love for coloring taught me valuable lessons of staying near him while he's doing so or the Mr. Clean magic Erasers are put to use. The toddler diet is not fun for any mom, but especially those like me who cannot cook. He climbs on everything and thinks he's cool because of it. I've had to pack away yet another box of clothes he's grown out of and have found myself taking him out of his crib at night just to hold him for awhile while she sleeps. I miss our cuddle days. And they are seriously becoming shorter by the day. I know I'll always be number one in his life, but would it kill the kid to let me hold him for the day!?
As for Poohbah, she's still neglected. But that doesn't mean we don't love he,r as we show her with food scraps.

No comments:
Post a Comment