I had Mike on speaker phone while i was getting the ultrasound done. The tech said "ideally I'd say this is a girl with a heart beat of 158bpm, due to the old wives tales, but as you can see here, its not, there's the penis!" I instantly filled with emotion and wasnt' sure what to think or say, whereas mike didn't hesitate to blurt out "how big is it?"... leave it to the him to question the "important" things.
Mike has been very supportive and here for me as much as possible considering the miles between us. He's even been making helpful suggestions for whats to come. He's decided instead of a winnie the pooh themed nursery (my request) he wants metallica. We'll see about that. And we're also going to register "together." As i've been more concerned right now with researching safety ratings and optimal use of products, Mike's been very helpful by choosing the most 'colorful' or most 'fun looking' toy/product to register for. =) We make a great team.
I've got four wonderful people with a baby shower in the works for me. The date is decided for March 28. Save the date!:) I'll actually be in the Madison area March 26-April 5. At that time, you'll be able to see the video they gave me of my last ultrasound. it's pretty amazing. He's so "real" now. Looking more like an actual baby rather than a sea monkey or seal. He's so defined,and delicate. It's amazing to see the growth and count his little fingers and toes.
I feel like my uterus weighs 20 lbs and catch myself holding it up...not much to hold up, but I still feel it's huge! The baby is now weighing 8 oz and mommy now weighs...well, i've gained 4 lbs.. lets leave it at that:)

No comments:
Post a Comment