natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Time Blogger

I debated on starting a blog since I have both a facebook AND a myspace, but decided since some of the most important people in my life (ie. my mom) hasn't nor will she ever develop the savvy technical ability to run one, I thought I should come up with another outlet for her to be updated on my life without having to shoot over daily emails (which probably won't stop anyways). Since a lot has happened that I've publicly published on facebook already, some of you will be seeing a repeat for the time being.

Square One: Back in early November I experienced a brutal week at work with lower abdomen cramping. After finally going to the doctor for some blood work, the results showed it was viral. I was super bummed there seemed to be nothing that I could do to stop my cramping and dizzy spells, and get back into my butt busting workouts. Little did I know, the doctor didn't' test for pregnancy. So, while living life with my "viral infection" I hit up church with my good friend (who also works with me and recently discovered her and her soldier hubby are expecting their first) a few days later. Maybe a little church would flag God to get some of his healing. As we lay on the couch watching Real housewives of Atlanta (reality tv what else?), my friend helplessly watched me suffer from my cramping pain. Per her request i called the on call doctor at the ER to ask if he would advise me to come in. While on the phone with him i took a pregnancy test (also per my friend's request), thinking it was a huge waste of time when my doctor already told me it's JUST viral. To my surprise (or shock and sudden stop of my heart) the stick came out POSITIVE! So...with that said, I spent the next 5 hours in the hospital getting tests done to make sure i wasn't' having an ectopic pregnancy or anything else serious. They found i was 6 weeks and 1 day at this point.

My 8/9 week appointment I took my mom and sister with me and to my surprise, they did an ultrasound in which we were able to hear the heartbeat! My doctor also told me NO working out PERIOD! He found a small blood pocket caused from the placenta pulling away from my uterus (a start of a miscarriage). So i spent the next few days getting pampered by mom and sissy:)

I'm not going to sugar coat it, the first trimester really sucked! I spent most of my time wanting to eat, but having my appetite abruptly interrupted from certain surrounding smells. Even though not being able to work out was upsetting, it was also not really missed being as how right after work, I'd end up hitting the sack! I spent my weekends trying to catch up from the week, and taking naps at my friend Kat's house while we had our "girl's day." I didn't' experience any puking, but nothing seemed satisfying. I ended up losing about 7-8 lbs.

Mike came up in Mid December to help put a smile on my stressed face, and I was able to find a decent ticket home for NYE to get my new years kiss =) When i got back i had my 15 weeks visit in which the doc told me i still couldn't' do any working out :( But that things were looking good and the small blood pocket he was fearing before, was now getting smaller. *sigh of relief* Aside from the slight emotional depression of being without Mike and my other great friends and family, I've had some really great support from my "tri city" parents as well as my P.I.C. Katherine and am doing fine.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog Nat. I like the layout, and nice header too. Very creative.

    I hope everything goes well for you and your youngin'!

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete