natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back to Reality friends

Well, I'm back in Washington and am already done with yet another week of work. I don't think I could have asked for a better visit home! Thanks to all my family and friends that made it fun=) I left Wednesday night after work and a day after seeing a chiropractor for my unbelievably sore back. The overnight flight was miserable! The flying itself wasn't too bad, but it definitely played a toll on my back. I think the worst part of it all was my nearly 4 hour layover in Denver where there were NO lounge chairs what-so-ever. So I sprawled out on the floor=) I got into Madison at 9:30am and was so tired, but at the same time SO excited to be home, I didn't sleep until Thursday night when it was time for bed.

It was nice to be back in WI. Mike and I headed straight to the mall to pick up some maternity clothes=)We couldn't shop too long because my back was throbbing! It wasn't until about Sunday evening when I started being able to live without pain.


My shower was on Saturday and I had some really great friends and family make the long trip to Madison to celebrate with me. It was a lot of fun, however Friday night I developed a very bad head cold. I had mike pick me up some cough syrup at 2am because it was so horrible! I barely got any shower picks with my camera, but my mom and sister took a ton- I've yet to get them from the both.



The guests played a game where they had to get in groups and dress up someone in a diaper made of toilet paper. Ellie, Johanna, and Mike were the volunteers in their groups.



My friend Johanna and I


We played another game "who knows mommy best" in which my mom had to call me to find out the answer to:) The winner was not Mike, not my sister, but Courtney! Just goes to show how my friends from CF roll:)



The shower was a blast and although I was sick and overtired, I was absolutely thrilled with who could make it! Thanks to everyone who could make it, and thanks for all the wonderful gifts! Nana, Aunt Sarah, Aunt Katie, and God Mama Lindsay stayed over into Sunday so we could spend more time together. It was so great to get a bit more time with them!



Mike was able to be home with me while I was back which was WONDERFUL! It was able to feel more like actually being home than a vacation where I felt rushed or obligated to be at certain places. We had such a relaxing time together. Aside from movies, lounging, and shopping we spent some time at Build a bear to make a bear for Kaiden.





I was able to see Mike sing in both of his bands PINE and LUBE



Pine opened for a band called Midnight to Twelve and Anew Revolution. Midnight to Twelve was more my style and I was so amazed at their performance. Mike loved them both and of course was a social butterfly with the band members. HE had the singer and bass player of Midnight to Twelve take a picture with me and Kaiden.



Mike's BIG birthday is next month and because I wont be home to celebrate it I took the time while I was home to spoil him. He got a camera, some new jeans, and a dinner at the melting pot=) I think he enjoyed all three equally.

We were so bloated after the HUGE dinner at the melting pot. Nothing like a FOUR course meal!


April 6th came faster than I imagined. I tried hard to enjoy my last weekend there but couldnt' get the thought of MONDAY out of my head. Sunday night we had dinner with our good friend Rowan and afterwards when I hit the parking lot I broke down into tears! I was so sad. Fortunately, my flight was delayed an hour out of Madison the next morning because the incoming flight was late from Denver. So, I got an extra hour of nuggle time with Mike. It was great=) Finally he dropped me off and I had to face reality again. I was bawling so hard at the security check point the security officer gave me what remained of the box of kleenex she had sitting aside. It was nice of her. I felt like a fool, but literally could not help the tears bursting out of me. I can't remember the last time I really sobbed like that over missing someone. Probably not since I first moved to WA. I finally gathered myself and had two flights to look forward to. UGH! But once I got home I was able to pick up my Poohbah who was I think more excited to hang out with Linda than myself. Linda took great care of her, and completely wore her out. She's still super tired even today! Her little eyes are so heavy and she reminds me of a little doll because she lets me do whatever I want with her....She's strictly focused on sleeping.

I have a good three months left now and am wondering how I'm going to make it out here alone without becoming depressed. BUT, My mom is coming over on Memorial Day so I have that to look forward to. I also plan on continuing to prepare for Kaiden's arrival as best I can, and that alone will keep me fairly busy. Looking back at the fears I had during the first trimester to what I feel emotionally right now is complete NIGHT and DAY! God has really blessed me with a lot and has proven to me his motives are not worth questioning, because everything he does is for a good reason. I've grown so much mentally, emotionally and learned to really truly be independent and rely on the one person I need to be relying on :GOD. I spent years in counseling using them as a sounding board, and I've literally learned more about myself in six month than I have in my years spent with a licensed psychologist. Sorry you had to spend so much mom. haha. Though I still carry fears, I'm looking forward to what else God has in store for not only me, but my life with Mike. Our relationship has really grown! He's been such a great friend, confidant, and much more. He too has done some growing, and I'm so proud of the steps we've both taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment