natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Updates

I've been giving Kaiden Rice cereal and some green and orange veggies. It started out with him always pushing it out and only opening his mouth for the first few bites. Once he got more of his swallowing reflex down we introduced the veggies. This last weekend I gave him peas in which he ate the whole thing! I was so pumped. But just as I cleaned him up he spit up all he had just put down. Kaiden: 1 Peas: 0.

I decided to introduce pears being as how they're not as sweet as other fruits and see if taking a few bits of that and then moving onto the veggies would work out. Well, last night was a HUGE success! I gave him green beans, pears, and carrots and he ate all that we had given him. Mike couldn't shovel it in fast enough! I'm so proud of my little man. It looked like he could have eaten even more but i wasn't sure how much to give him? I was reading afterwards that I should just give him what he wants. As long as he's eating healthy, we're all good. He woke up at 1am and again at 4, so i think tonight we'll give him whatever he wants...keep packing it in until his little belly is full.

In other news, I leave for the midwest in 13 days! I have a lot to do before hand so I hope this weekend to get a list put together with everything that we need to crank out before out take off. I'm praying for good weather so nothing is delayed and so that the roads won't prevent me from making visit and other visiting me.

Until later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment