natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

First week back to work

I have officially completed one full week back at work. I had a late start on Monday because I had to wait around for my work physical. It was nice because I spent the morning with Kaiden and it made for a short first day back. On Tuesday I started work at our downtown Material Handling Facility which is about 5 minutes from home. I start and end the day there and in between I take our work shuttle out the to site. It's so nice that I dont have to wake up at 4am just to get ready. Instead of working ten hours with two hours of total travel time I'm a hop skip and a jump away. My boss is very accomodating and I couldn't be more thankful!

Speaking of work I've gotten a call from the job in WI and it sounds like things are pretty rocky. I"m not sure if I'll be transferring home anytime soon. They have one possible job however, if it's going to dramatically take me off my career path I'm not going to take it. I miss my family and all but I have worked so diligently to get where I'm at today and I still have many goals and ambitions within Bechtel that I'd like to achieve. It's a big decision but I have some pretty incredible mentors that work with me so hopefully whatever I decide to do is what's best for both my career AND family.

Since I work ten hour days I only work Monday through Thursday which I thought would be great since I have a three day weekend but yesterday I felt completely exhausted ALL day! This is going to take some major getting use to. I hope to get onto a gym membership here in the next couple of days. Working out always makes me feel better about myself and gives me more energy.

Mike bought his plane ticket. He arrives August 30th, the day before Kaiden's two months wellness checkup. I'm excited to have him here and this time it's going to be until we figure out what's going to happen with my move. Yes, that's right it's a ONE way ticket:)

News on my lil Kaider-bug. He's growing like CRAZY! Today marks the day that he officially cannot fit into his NB clothes or diapers. He's too long! He's gotten a lot more hair too:) He is still fussy all the time, but my mom said I was a very difficult baby so I guess it's "my turn."

A day at the park...so tiring!







Our first adventure out to a public restaraunt. My favorite: olive garden! He did great:)

No comments:

Post a Comment