So instead, I spent the weekend cleaning, organizing, and spending time with Poohbah. It was SO nice out so we hit up the park Fri, sat and Sun. I even got some tan lines....woohoo! I couldn't find my comb scissors that I cut pooh's hair with so I decided to trim her with some sheers....BIG MISTAKE! She looks like she was hit by a weed wacker. That, or she's homeless. But I tell her she looks beautiful! We had a vet appointment yesterday to get her health certificate for her flight out with Grandma next Monday (sad), and we had tons of comments on her hair. The good thing was, I was alone so I said a friend did it. LOL. He gave me some tranquilizers for her flight and told me to start giving them to her this week so we know what to give her when it comes time to fly out. The dose is 1/2 a pill so last night that's what I gave her; she was up all night! Clearly, we're going to need to up the dose. I'm getting sad to let her go, but she'll have so much fun at papa's house where she can "play" with the kitties and go for long walks with Mike. I feel so bad because I can't give her the attention she deserves. She so cute, I know I'm just going to bawl my eyes out when she leaves.
I guess I should stick to my day job.
On the bright side, my mom comes on THURSDAY! I've been so busy at work, it's flown by and I don’t see it slowing down any time soon. Thursday after work I have just enough time to grab Poohbah and head to the airport to pick up mom. I'm so excited! We have lots to get done including getting the last minute baby gear, organizing, girl talk, watching life time movies, eating papa johns, and most likely hitting up the spa. It'll be so nice to have her here. We're also going to book her ticket to come back out in July after the baby is born. We plan on having her stay for TEN days! I feel so fortunate she's willing and able to be here during that NEW exciting yet scary time. Mom leaves on Monday morning with Poohbah and because of the holiday I'm off all day which will make for a LONG Monday. Goodbyes are the worst! I never cry leaving madison, but when my mom leaves me here, there's no stopping the waterworks! I'm sure it'll be nice out, so I'll have to stay busy by hitting up the park or perhaps get daring enough to slip into the pool (if no one is looking of course).

No comments:
Post a Comment