natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend with Mom

Mom flew in at 6:30 on Thursday last week. I came home from work and had just enough time to grab Pooh and head to the airport to pick her up. Northwest merged with Delta and the flight screens didn't display any information about her flight so I was getting a bit nervous but of course she was just the last one off the plane. We spent Friday shopping for baby gear and spending the gift cards I had gotten from family and friends (thanks again everyone!). I've continued to get cards with gifts for Kaiden and I can't express how much I appreciate the thoughtfulness!Anyways, we spent Friday organizing my apartment and doing our best to get it to a point that wouldn't drive me nuts due to clutter and lack of space! With the possibility of me transferring to the Bechtel job back in WI- it's become a slim chance now, and if anything DOES happen it'll be very last minute. I wanted to take the opportunity with mom here to get as organized and put together as I possibly could.



As we were shopping on Friday we swung into the mall so I could get some new sunglasses and my mom was so adamant about hitting up the jewelry stores. I thought since everything was on sale she was looking for a little something to spoil herself with. Little did I know she was looking for something in particular to give to me for Mother's Day. She got me a "mother's " pendant. It's so gorgeous!



Saturday we spent some time by the pool intending to do some reading but couldn't stop chatting away=) It was almost 90 so we enjoyed sitting by the poolside with our feet in the water. We both got a little toasty on our thighs. I know I know, I was in shorts? Yes that's right, I even got the courage to slip in my swimsuit and to my surprise it fit!... well sort of. But of course I kept on a light tank, it got a little busy and I didn't want to scare anyone off:)~
Sunday we hit up breakfast again and picked up some last minute things for Poohbah. We also got a coupon in the mail for 10% off all remaining items on my registry. So we hit up Target to get a refund on what we purchased on Friday. It took two people and roughly 40 minutes to figure out how to give us the refund, but they were SUPER nice about it and very helpful. so Kudos Target employees! Since we'd been so in tune with baby stuff and spending girl time we decided to take Pooh to the park for some bonding. It was so nice out all weekend! We decided to lounge and take it easy last night with a movie and some scrabble then got up super early to give pooh a nice long walk this morning before her flight with Gramma.



I read up on NWA and called customer service twice to confirm I had everything I needed to make things as smooth as possible. We get to the airport and the woman behind the counter says that Pooh is counted as a carry-on and my mom needs to put her purse in her roller bag or it's a 10,000 fine... spare me. Not only does it read on nwa.com but the two nwa customer service reps also told me that the $150 ONE WAY ticket I spent her is considered just that...another ticket, not another carry-on. So that frustrated me b/c of course we lost that battle. Then she tells me I owe $50. I just looked at my mom thinking maybe they (Delta not nwa bc in Pasco NWA doesn't have a service desk-but since they merged it should be the same)were charging her for a carry-on anyways. So She then tells me that I owe that much for pooh's ticket! WHAT! So when I informed her I had already paid online at nwa.com she said if I didn't have my receipt I'd have to pay again and I'd also have to contact NWA to get the refund, but she wasn't sure how to go about getting one etc., Well fortunately I had my receipt and all was taken care of, but aside from my frustrations with all that was going on, I then got confused and irritated b/c had I just paid $150 for her to fly home, and Delta (the new nwa) only charged $50...hmm... I think I just got ripped off! It's also required by law for a pet to have documentation via health certificate to ensure they are all up to date on shots and what have you. So I spent an oodle to get her a health certificate this last week an NO ONE asked to see it. My said not even when she landed in MN did they ask. Seriously- the flight industry needs to get their crap together. It was enough to make this pregnant momma get crabby!
My last few minutes with my fur baby:


Gettin' ready to say goodbye to mama:


I watched mom and pooh board and when I got to my car had to sit for about ten minutes to just breath. I was hysterical! It was the hardest good-bye yet! I called my sister and she was able to talk me down enough to get me home without crying off the road-literally. I spent the morning with on and off tears and waited for mom to call when she landed. Finally she called and had said Pooh whined a little bit and pawed at her kennel to get out but for the most part did very well, for about an hour that is. She ended up pawing and chewing through her kennel! Mom looks down and her little head is sticking out with those big brown eyes just staring at her. So the flight attendant let my mom take her out and just hold her the rest of the flight. She then slept the rest of the way nuggled on her lap.Spoiled baby! Mom had called me on her way home and said pooh wasn't even shaking nor did she notice any other anxiety. She was fast asleep on her shoulders (where she sleeps when I drive).

The kennel Pooh chewed through! :


I'm definitely sad to be away from poohbah and the house if very uneventful now, but I just keep thinking this is for the best. She's going to have so much fun staying with Mike and he'll be able to give her nice long walks and keep her busy. And with my doc appointments being every other week now on top of all the packing I'd like to slowly do (just in case) I hope to keep myself fairly busy as well. It was a much needed visit with my mom, but wish it would have lasted a bit longer. I really pray I can make it back to the midwest. I really ache for my family!

1 comment:

  1. You and your mom are both so beautiful!! Miss you Ellen!! Pam P.

    ReplyDelete