I've been hit with a million and one things to do this week so this post is a tad 'johnny come lately.' If it seems like Kaiden and I are constantly traveling outside of Green Bay....it's because we are. LAST weekend we headed down to Illinois again for a visit with my cousins- and our very newest cousin: Stella. I seriously just love being down there. It brings back so many great child hood memories when I was practically my brother's shadow and when holiday dinners consisted of more than just me, my mom and my sister. Every time I come back from a weekend spent in Illinois I spend the next two days diligently contemplating how I can move down there. The feeling I get of comfort, security, love, and adoration is so overwhelming- and it's awesome! Not to mention, Poohbah is completely useless for a few days after, meaning she doesn't bug me as often:)
My cousin barely looks like she had a baby, especially just three weeks ago. Completely gorgeous. And completely motivating for me to keep kicking my butt at the gym! Although I did take a time out to eat a true genuine Chicago style hot dog. Each bite is like a party in your mouth. I feel like you don't actually live until you consume a chicago hot dog. True story.
Stella. Ah, how do I even describe how beautiful this seven pound fragile little person is. She's such a sweetie; and Kaiden was so good around her! While I was down there I went to visit my brother's God parents (my adopted grandparents) at a craft fair. They are both retired and they make the most amazing soaps and travel around selling them. So Kaiden got some great soap:) AND he got to spend some time with his 'grandma.' While I was off visiting grandma, my cousins were off picking up my Aunt and Uncle whom I haven't seen in...in... years!! It was a much needed visit, but unfortunately it didnt last very long since I had to work Monday. :(
My uncle and Kaiden
My cousin barely looks like she had a baby, especially just three weeks ago. Completely gorgeous. And completely motivating for me to keep kicking my butt at the gym! Although I did take a time out to eat a true genuine Chicago style hot dog. Each bite is like a party in your mouth. I feel like you don't actually live until you consume a chicago hot dog. True story.
Stella. Ah, how do I even describe how beautiful this seven pound fragile little person is. She's such a sweetie; and Kaiden was so good around her! While I was down there I went to visit my brother's God parents (my adopted grandparents) at a craft fair. They are both retired and they make the most amazing soaps and travel around selling them. So Kaiden got some great soap:) AND he got to spend some time with his 'grandma.' While I was off visiting grandma, my cousins were off picking up my Aunt and Uncle whom I haven't seen in...in... years!! It was a much needed visit, but unfortunately it didnt last very long since I had to work Monday. :(
My uncle and Kaiden
My Aunt reading to K
My week was lame- work related- and this weekend Mike came up for a visit. He helped me do some Fall cleaning: I am ready for winter! On top of everything else I have going on, I'm trying to get about a years worth of pictures printed off for Kaiden's baby book. I'm also making an online baby scrapbook that is going to incorporate my blog- so fun, but so little time to actually do it with my schedule! if my job actually gave me some vacation, I'd take a week off just to get this project done....looks like I'll have to find a new avenue.
I'm not in the mood to blog....can you tell? ugh, sorry for the lameness.


No comments:
Post a Comment