natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That time of year again!

We've officially broken into the holiday season again. Wow, that came quick! I've proactively been writing my Christmas Card and can proudly say I'm confident to have it out BEFORE Christmas this year. So that's exciting. But I'm getting ahead of myself, first there was Thanksgiving.


My sister decided to take a trip to Mexico leaving my mom and I. And my mom made plans for Friday leaving me with an option to drive 8 hours in a 24 hour time period. I opted out of that road trip and decided to attend a ginormous thanksgiving celebration at my surrogate mother's house in Appleton. Ah, a family after my own heart. Mad craziness, loud voices, and lots of laughter; not to mention both a ham and a turkey- holy full belly batman! I left her house feeling so loved and Kaiden left it with many bruises from his wreckless boy playing. #Boyswillbeboys.



Thanksgiving night I decided to carry on the tradition my brother boastfully started many years back: Black Friday shopping. My girlfriend and I actually had all this premeditated. We tried on clothes earlier in the week and scoped out the stores we wanted to hit up so when Black Friday came around we'd grab and go. Pretty smart, huh? Black Friday is no day to mess around, we meant business. So after splurging on a new and improved (and much needed) wardrobe I began the rest of my weekend.



Saturday night Kaiden and I found ourselves with food poisoning. I've never had it, but saw my mom fight it a few years ago. She was actually hospitalized for it. At 11:00 I woke up 'tossing my cookies' and by 11:30 Kaiden was doing the same. Thankfully the wretched illness allowed Kaiden and I to alternate throwing up so despite it being the most miserable night of my life, it could have been worse. Kaiden woke up at 8am feeling fabulous (and tired) but, bless his heart, my friend Mike drove up to keep him occupied while I caught up on sleep. I was so dehydrated I couldn't see. Scary!

By noon we were feeling well enough to get out of the house and visit with none other than Santa Clause, himself! The town near by holds an annual poinsetta sale with acres and acres of tented poinsettas and invites Santa to enjoy it as well. It was so pretty! Kaiden did great with santa but was more preoccupied with his box of candy canes beside him. hey, if it makes him smile...



In other news:
I think we're about ready for Kaiden's first haircut. We'll have Auntie do the honors. Goodbye baby years. Hello, boy. Kaiden can catch, shoot hoops *time out: he really can. Mike posted a video of him shooting hoops and posted it on some basketball players facebook page and Kobe Bryant commented on it. Granted, he's not much of a role model but the man can ball! time in:* He's changing everyday but is always still full of smiles and laughter. How did I get so lucky?



Here are a few pics from the holiday weekend:

Kaiden's so good with his breathing treatments now. After almost 4 solid months of daily neb treatments (more if he's sick) you think he ought be. Nice work, son.

Pretty much the only picture I could capture with Kaiden smiling remotely towards the camera with me in it.







No comments:

Post a Comment