Today, after work when I picked Kaiden up....wait I should back up. My daycare moved into a new house so she's literally just down the street. But I have to back track to get to work. No biggie. But I drive by my house to pick him up and today on my way home from work I was daydreaming about life and ended up getting home, parking my car and heading in the house when it dawned on me I DON'T HAVE KAIDEN WITH ME. crap. How do I forget to pick up my kid? can you tell I have a lot going on right now? So back to my story; after work when I picked Kaiden up I saw a dog and decided to ask him what sound a dog makes. Usually he just stares at me or giggles but this time the kid barked! AWESOME! We went through all the easy animals: Kitten, cow, pig... he knew them all. His immitation of a pig is my favorite. He wrinkles his nose and puckers his lips and trys to snort. AHHHdorable.
Other random but fun things Kaiden's picked up on:
1. when he takes a bath at night he flips out until I give him his toothbrush. If he could brush his teeth all day, he would.
2. He gets frustrated when he can't put his shoes on. I take them off after daycare and he'll spend a good 10 minutes trying to put them back on. And again throughout the night.
3. He knows so much. Pretty normal for his age, I'm sure but I like to think he's an absolute genius because he knows what the majority of objects I point at are.
4. Kaiden and I are pretty relaxed (no really, we are). We'll be chillin' on the couch but when I say "i'm goooonnaaa get yourrrrr HAMBONE" he screams and giggles because he knows I'm about to tickle his thigh. Funniest thing ever.
5. He points to his belly button. He pulls his shirt practically over his head to show me. cutest belly button you'll ever see.
6. he gives me hugs. Not because I ask for them, but just because. and i love them and in that moment nothing in the world matters but us.
7. he's sprouting a few more teeth. I stopped counting after 12, but his mouth is almost full of them.
8. He can CATCH! I throw him the football and he holds his arms out to catch. But cups them like a cradel. GENIUS.
9. He shoots hoops. Not just dunks, I'm talkin' he stands a good foot from the basket and throws the ball in. NBA star in the making.
10. He still eats crayons. but now knows they're also for coloring and they spend more time on the paper than in his mouth now.
I tell ya, everyday something new!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment