Tuesday, June 16, 2009
check up
Tonight I had my 37 week check up and first pelvic. I'm 50% effaced, but not dialated at all. Head is at about minus one, so not quite where he needs to be. I've been feeling my belly getting heavier and my pelvis a bit more tender so I know he's dropping. Last week I had gained 3 lbs in one week, and this week only 1. My blood pressure is a tad high and my wrists have been swelling a little bit. I adjsuted the band on my watch last Friday and it's already a bit snug. Doc is a bit worried about preclampsia or toxemia setting on and so I have to do some blood work this week. He forsees my blood pressure jumping but said we'll just be keeping a close eye on things. I"ve also been on the low end of all my blood work, especially sodium. My heart burn is pretty severe as well and I've been waking up at 2am like clockwork the last week being so parched I could drink a gallon of water. But then I pay for it with heartburn and am up the next hour. He sees my face has retained some water as well. I too have noticed my face blow up, but I just assumed it was the weekend Dairy Queen blizzard attacking my double chin. Apparently, it's not. Just keep me in your prayers and baby as well. I hope for these next two weeks to run smooth and everything to be healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If your heartburn gets bad talk to your doctor about some medication-- or tums works too- but I also had it so bad that it would wake me up from sleeping as I'd be choking on it-- and that is super dangerous- so just keep that in check- but Dr gave me some Zantac- I think it was... can't remember for sure... and then when I was pushing Miley out it was coming up really bad- and against the nurses will, since they are supposed to administer EVERYTHING medicine related, Taylor popped two Tums in my mouth when I was pushing because everytime I pushed up came the acid... so pack those in your hospital bag!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip girl! I'm actually on Zantek as well, but I feel like my body is maybe adjusted to it now. I still take tums during the day since I can only take up to two zantek, but I was asking about delivery and if I'd experience it. I had a lot of people say "oh don't worry you wont be focused on that", but I dont think they realize just how bad I have it. So, i'm super glad you gave me the tidbit bc a bottle will definitly be packed!
ReplyDelete