natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wearing thin....

The last two weeks my poor kid has been spitting up like no body's business. I'm not sure what's brought on these sudden Reflux symptoms, but my most educated guess would be his chronic horse cough. The doc says nothing's seriously wrong and his cough should subside...which it has gotten better, but if I let him down for 5 minutes to do the usual 500 things I have to do each night to prepare the the next day, he cries until he's coughing which leads to his spewing.

Tonight topped it off. I was able to get everything ready for tomorrow (coffee preset, lunches made, K's bag packed, pooh fed/walked, etc etc etc..) and as we were sitting on the floor together playing with blocks he had a coughing attack. This time, projectile vomiting hardly describes the power behind this shoot! The kid managed to SOAK half my living room floor, the tv, the wall, poohbah, myself, his toys, and himself with his dinner: peas. As I rushed to get him in the bathroom over the tub until his episode was done (which he had puked up even more- how, I have NO clue) while poohbah took it upon herself to lick up his regurgitated dinner. Morbidly disgusting. After getting Kaiden bathed and calmed down I spent the next 20 minutes shampooing my carpet. Shortly after that,,, another episode of spitting up! This damn cough just causes him to gag. I feel so horrible. Thankfully he's still having wet diapers and bowels so at least I know he's getting something to stay in his tummy long enough to digest it. I feel so horrible for him. Not only that hes got this unmanageable cough, but that my patience is really wearing thin. I KNOW it's not his fault, and I'm doing my best to be there for him and be calm, but I can't help but be tense right now. I just feel so overwhelmed with motherhood or rather SINGLE parenthoood. I just feel like when it rains..IT POURS!

I'm starting to resent my job because of it's LONG hours. It doesn't give me the opportunity to focus on Kaiden and my well being as much as I should. I just really pray things change in the very near future. I'm slowly sinking into a depression.

2 comments:

  1. I think of you daily Nat! I totally feel your pain! Taylor is now coaching baseball which puts me in the single parenthood category too. We see him around 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are already in bed when he gets home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. So I totally know how it goes with trying to get everything ready for the next day. How frustrating to have to spend so much time to get ready to be apart from each other the next day- it does sometimes make me wonder why the heck I work... it feels like more work trying to get ready for daycare and work. And with a colicy baby and a toddler who now gets into EVERYTHING- I feel your frustration and overwhelmedness (if that's a word?) Hang in there, and just keep looking forward to what is to come- a FUN April! :) You can do it Nat, God has made you Strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets better Natalie. This will pass and it will be a distant memory that you bring up to him when he is old enough to talk back. :) I promise it will get better. There will be a day when life doesn't seem like it is out to get you. And I know this is difficult, but if you have friends in the area that can babysit for an hour or two, you should do that when you have an opportunity...you need Natalie time. It helps, trust me. It took me 3 kids to figure it out and I, myself, don't even get a ton of Kim time, but try to. (MY time is usually having an in-law take them so I can grocery shop...not a spa, but it'll do) You need the time to reflect on who you are and I totally believe that the kids need breaks from their mom (and dad) once-in-a-while. Thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete