natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Not a good week at the Bianchi's

Well, Kaiden is sick. Earlier this week it started out with him not sleeping too well at night and not eating that great, either. By Tuesday he would cough to a point where he'd gag, and then spit up. Like, a lot. So Tuesday night was a train wreck with both of us up (me more-so than him) the entire night. I rocked him, I walked with him, I nursed him, I did everything I could to get him to sleep comfortably.... he wasn't having any of it. Yesterday I picked him up from daycare and Rebecca said he didn't eat well at all. He just wanted to snack on mum mums (which by the way have been a huge life saver for me when I want some quiet time). His nose was also running- clear wet boogies...gross. He also didn't nap well so she warned me he would either pass out right away and sleep great, or be a monster from being over tired. Well, of course we experienced the second one: a total monster! We got home and he refused to be away from me. I felt bad that he clearly wasn't feeling well so I did my best to comfort him. He wouldn't sit in his high chair to eat so we picnicked on the floor together. I finally got him to play a little bit and 20 minutes later he broke into a crying spell and again, cried so hard he gagged and threw up what seemed like a week's worth of food. Once more...Gross. So, after getting him bathed, me changed, and the tainted carpet and toys scrubbed I slipped him in his swing where he slept the whole night except for waking up once to be fed. This morning he woke up with a wet, flemmy cough so I asked Rebecca if she would rather he not attend daycare. Since Thursdays are just K that she watches (aside from her 21 month old) she said she'd be happy to have him over and try and get him back into top shape. His 9 month wellness check up is tomorrow so at that time I'll bring up this weeks happenings, unless he gets worse throughout the day in which I'll be sure to get him in today. Ugh, why my little baby...why!?

I really hope he breaks this before next week when Dena gets here. We have a big month ahead of us and the last thing I need is a booger butt. The good thing is that he hasn't had a temp, and he's still been smiley and playful with me. At first I thought it was just allergies getting to him, as mine are bad right now as well (damn Tri Cities). But after this morning with his wet cough, i'm a tad worried this is turning into something a bit more viral.

In other news, I have something big coming up on April 30th. I can't really say what it is right now (due to certain eyes that might fall on my blog) but if you're reading this- spread the word to say a little prayer for me on that day. Let's just say it'd make me VERY happy if things went well and for all of you who know my "situation" (off topic, but I always think of that guido from the jersey shore now whenever i say the word 'situation'- ugh he ruined that word) I think you know what I'm talking about.

Not too much planned this weekend aside from hiking Badger mtn again and getting ready (cooking, cleaning, organizing) for the weeks to come. If I don't post before then, Have a great Easter everyone!

xoxo Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment