natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The BESTEST people ever...

Are coming tomorrow night to visit!!! Mom and sissy will be here at 6:00 tomorrow night. I have a busy next two days at work to prepare my backup so that I don't come back to a nightmare. She's reassured me that no matter the preparation I will still come back to a mess. Hahah, nice. On top of that my house is a disaster. This week I just haven't been able to keep up with Kaiden's constant spitting up, Poohbah's messes, and my own. Nana has her work cut out for her, LOL. I used hotwire.com for the first time this week to book my hotels for when we are out venturing the coast and I got some MAJOR steels. I feel so grown up=) I can't wait to take a nice long vacation with them.

I also have spent the last few weeks trying to wean Kaiden. I never produced much to begin with- maybe 4-5 oz per pump- and once he started eating solids he began taking less so my pumps were dwindled to maybe 2-3 oz. It just wasn't worth getting an attitude from people at work to go pump, and having to deal with nightly cleaning of all the bottles, hoses, and shields. I decided it was time. I'm happy to be getting my body back, but am sad to be done at the same time. I enjoy our time together when we nurse, especially now because it's the only time the kid will cuddle with me! Yesterday was my first day of not pumping at all during work (12 hours) and feeling full hardly describes how I felt. Now, if you know anything about me here at work I work with a bunch of dudes so it was a little awkward to have to explain to them why I'm feeling so uncomfortable (they could clearly see the look of discomfort on my face ALL day). I knew they'd take it rather well being as how they got to experience the total play by play first hand throughout my whole pregnancy (raging hormones, crazy eating habits, big boobs, sudden lactation, etc.. ). Yes, my boys get enough estrogen from me to last them a lifetime. Anyways, throughout the day you could noticeably see me going from a B to a D cup and at the end of the day I didn't want to leave my desk it hurt so bad. My good friend, Jacob said he "feels my pain." I just looked at him with a confused look and his response to my facial expression was "Well I'm sure it feels a lot like Blue Balls, and that sucks." Haha...sorry probably a bit inappropriate to post, but I couldn't stop laughing. Bless his heart.

Oh, and I have this agenda printed out for my mom and I with what we're doing and maps and restaurant guides.... Can you say OCD?

1 comment:

  1. lol, us women really have it hard don't we?! even if stella sleeps through the night i still have to wake up twice to pump or i am pretty sure i would die. i'm not even kidding.
    i am getting excited to see you guys! i am glad you are getting a nice vacation and a extra pair of hands for a bit!
    we'll see ya monday!

    ReplyDelete