natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Brilliantly Bright.

Since my life consists of just Kaiden and I (ie: I seriously lack adult interaction) we talk to each other a lot. Usually our conversations consist of me asking where certain body parts are and of course "how was your day', 'what would you like for dinner', and 'were you a good boy at daycare?' Today when I asked him where his nose was, he took his little pointer finger up to his nose. The same when i asked him where his mouth was. We're working on ear and eyes, but he can also point to his 'tootsies.' I probably should start using the word 'feet' but they're so tiny still: they shall be called Tootsies until they're too stinky for me to kiss.

He's addicted to books. Like to heck with all the toys, he absolutely will choose a book over anything else. Well, maybe a slight distraction with something shiny or full of lights, but regardless; LOVES me to read to him.

He's like a sponge now. He mimicks my every move. I did a somersault and he tried to do one. Got stuck. But he tried. When I stretch before we go to the gym he tries to stretch too. Then he giggles. I'm so excited to see him grow, but it makes me sad to lose my baby :(

Last Friday (weekly cleaning day) as I was trying to clean my house and do laundry, among a milllion other things, Kaiden was in rare form! After daycare I grabbed the bag of goldfish and set it on the coffee table for 2.1 seconds to let poohbah outside. By the time I turned around Kaiden had it ripped open and goldfish everywhere. At dinner, he dumped a bowl of apple sauce on his head. Why not, right? While he was playing with his bath toys I cleaned the bathroom. I moved from cleaning the toilet to washing the mirror when I felt Kaiden tug at my leg. He was fussy....again. I started looking in the tub for his nook, on the floor, nothin'... He dropped it on the toilet! Nook down! Speaking of nooks; I got him preoccupied with this toy that shoots balls out from this tunnel, and after only a few seconds he's done with it. So I try and coax him into playing with it again and see he managed to get his nook stuck in it. ahhhh! I was so frustrated on friday, but now reflecting on it, it's actually pretty funny. What a terd!





1 comment:

  1. DUDE! He's a master, master of TROUBLE! lol! That's funny. Speaking of calling your kid a turd, I call Claire that all the time, but it's usually Turd Bird, and Colin's mothers response is always, "Well, see how funny you think it is when she starts calling YOU a turd bird." My response? Who cares, at least it's not brat, stupid, dumb or worse like bitch! seriously? When my kid DOES call me a turd, I'll die laughing. Can you imagine? "Mom, You're a TURD!" HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete