natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Friday, July 10, 2009

colicky blues

Today was our two week check-up and it couldn't have come at a better time. The last two nights Kaiden has been wanting to eat NON stop during the day and at night (about 6-12) he's been so unbelievably fussy! Last night was my first breakdown. I felt like I failed as a mom because I just didn't know what else I could do to calm my little man down. It was very disheartening. My mom came to the rescue though and sat up with him, rocked him, rubbed him, and was able to get him to sleep. This morning he didn't want to wake up to even eat, but had been sleeping for nearly four hours! At first I thought maybe he was going through a growth spurt but after going to the doctor today, learned that what he's going through is colick. I read up a lot on it and there's of course a million and one suggestions, but no one seems to know the real cause of it. So, we went out and got a small portable fold up swing (which was awesome for traveling) and a few other things we hope will help sooth him when he's fussy at night.




Earlier this week Kaiden had to get blood drawn for his second PKU test. They gave him sugar water the first time and he never cried once! But, this time she acted like she had no idea what sugar water was. He cried his eyes out! Ugh, it was so heartbreaking! To keep the gauze wrap on we put his sock over it- it looks like a big boot:( poor baby.



On the plus side of things, Michael is coming out on Tuesday and will be here a week. I'm happy to have him here and have that support. The day before he leaves my sister will be flying in. It'll be nice to have someone here constantly.



Physically i'm starting to feel a lot better, and by the end of the weekend I plan on taking Kaiden for some nice walks in his stroller. Perhaps that will help calm him down at night and will also benefit me to get back in shape and get some more energy. Everyday I learn something new with him. I'm so greatful for the books I have, they've been great reference! Earlier this week I learned that I need to use the peepee teepees my cousin got me- we both got hit! It startled me and I didn't know what to do at first, but i've learned my lesson! The kid cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment