He always sleeps like this: cracks me up!
Mike flew in last week on Tuesday night after three days on my own. As much as I enjoyed mommy and me time, it was very tough since Kaiden had been so colicky at night. We had some great family time together when papa arrived.
Kaiden loves daddys' story time=)
Kaiden had his first pictures done on Sunday, Monday we drove to Bremerton to see my girlfriend Kat and her new bundle of love. Her hubby is FINALLY home from Iraq (safe and sound thank you Lord) so i was able to meet him for the first time as well.
Jordan Kaia and Kaiden Jeremiah. Exactly two weeks apart in age.
9 months later!
After our visit we took a ferry to Seattle to pick up my sister at the airport. From there we headed back to Tri Cities. It was a lot of driving with plenty of stops to nurse and give my boy some love. Mike left Wednesday morning which was so devastating to see him leave. Secretly I was hoping he'd miss his flight- but unfortunately for me he made it =( Sarah has been a GREAT help though. She really loves her little nephew. And Kaiden seems to have so much fun with her.

The weather has been incredibly hot here (over 100) so we've been stuck inside. Last night was a little cooler so we hit up a concert in the park and I was able to visit with some of my work friends. Kaiden was a HUGE hit!
Time has flown by SO fast and I only have 2 more weeks of maternity leave. I'm so depressed to think that I'm going to have to leave my baby boy. Speaking of work, it's been such a roller coaster to try and get home! It's utterly depressing, and enough to just make me have a melt down. The manager of the project in Wisconsin has been so wonderful at keeping me posted on any new news, and I can tell in his voice he hates giving me any disappointing news. The latest is that our client has put my job BACK on hold and there's no saying when it will be available for me to get back. GRRrrRRRrrrRR! It's so hard to stay positive, but i'm doing my best to keep praying and trusting that God will provide. I guess no matter where I am, I'll be with my lil man.
If I'm out here past mid August we are thinking of flying Michael back out here. We'll see. Flights really get expensive! I'm hoping to have a definite answer by the time I return to my job here on the tenth. I have to give notice to my complex by then if i"m leaving and if I dont give notice I get fined. **sigh**
Other than work being a headache (and i'm not even there!!) I'm enjoying my time with my boy. He's been great!

No comments:
Post a Comment