natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our Family

This week has been nothing but excitement. I'm so in love! I've learned so many new things and enjoyed so many new moments. Mike and I spent a great week together, but unfortunately he had to fly out today. He left right after Kaiden's doctor appointment to be circumsized so I was fearful my day would be utterly exhausting however, we enjoyed a few naps together and things have panned out pretty well, considering. Before taking Mike to the airport we both had a breakdown- Mike was devastated to leave. Its been so great watching him parent the last few days, I've developed a new respect and a new love for him. I've just seen a side of both of us I didn't know was possible to develop.




Even though our time at home has been short, Mike and I were on the verge of developing a nice routine. I'm really bummed to not have him here! I spent a lot of time nursing since my milk wasn't in yet so whenever Kaiden wasn't latched onto me he was off with daddy having guy time. Watching them is absolutely PRICELESS! We both read in some parenting books that it's normal for the significant other to become jealous of baby for taking all of mommy's time, but in our case, Mike was jealous I was the one who got to breastfeed. He wanted every minute with him! As new parents we both work well as a team and it brought a lot of joy and comfort knowing we were learning this together. It's going to be real upsetting not having him here. I'm praying I can get home sooner than later. I just ache to have everyone under one roof! I'm also praying ticket prices go down, because in that case Mike can make it up here for another visit and stay a bit longer.




I left the airport composed, but once getting home to an empty house, I lost it! Kaiden has cheered me up, but I really miss being a famliy.




At the airport we realized we never took a family photo! So this is our FIRST FAMILY PHOTO! You can tell we're new parents: TIRED eyes, and a sleeping baby. Everyone at the airport was in awe and after telling them he was only 3 days old said I was a real trooper for being mobile. Pain meds will do that for a girl:)



My mom comes in tomorrow at 6:30pm. So until then I have my work cut out for me but I think I'll do just fine. IF I can get through tonight I can get through anything. Night time makes me nervous bc Kaiden isn't sleeping at all. During the day he sleeps like a champ, but when it's night time, he's ready to rock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment