A. Despite the month of April being filled with sinus infections, RSV, and mommy not being the most exciting due to the ever-so- miserable Stomach flu, Kaiden has managed to continue to act like his goofy self, keep a smile on his face, and light up a room with his giggles.
B. He’s waaayyy cute. Like, Hella cute. Cute as in Baby-cute. Cute as in “I could squeeze your face off, but won’t because that might be misconstrued as child abuse” cute. Cute as in “ Even when you eat dirt and head butt your mom so hard her eyes water, you’re STILL cute” cute. Cute as in “how do I discipline this child when I can’t help but LOL in the process” Cute. He’s Just plain CUTE!
C. He’s already Mr. Smooth. Don’t ask me where he gets it (although I have been known to wiggle my way out of uncomfortable or potentially “your ass is grounded” situations with a few lash flutters or innocent smiles) but this kid just does! For Example: Last night he refused to sleep in his crib so I finally broke down and laid him in bed with me. I kid you, not this child was relentless when it came to trying to get comfortable- Could you move ANYmore! MY GOSH! After sitting up and raising my voice to sit still I look at him and he’s frozen still in the goofiest position with the silliest smile his face. Ugh, okay I’m not mad anymore.
2. I have an amazing mother that has blessed me for 25 years with so much love, support, and adventures.
3. I have a sister that I can call my best friend.
4. I was able to (with the help of my sissy) give my mom the BEST vacation she’s had in a long time... And I’d like to think that, hands down, turning 50 was the absolute best birthday yet=)
5. A Birthday gift, A family Vacation, A time to heal, laugh, and let loose...
4-16: Pick up mom and sissy from Airport. Sissy fights nana for the back seat but much to her dismay she freaks Kaiden out and he cries incessantly until Mommy insists Sissy drive so she can comfort her son during this traumatic encounter. A little rusty at being an Auntie, I guess =P
4-17: Hike Badger Mountain. Sissy keeps complaining about having to hold Poohbah because she’s too tired, Nana keeps complaining that I keep lying to her about how much further it is to the top of the mountain (we’re almost there... I swear this time), and I am kicking butt to the top with Kaiden on my back. Life is good. And I should probably add in here for all you Bianchi Beacon Readers that there was a group of women that thought my sister, my mom, and I were all sisters. Mom’s ego immediately blew up, but it did give her some extra motivation to make it to the top. Hmmm does that make me old? Or my mom young? Either way, that's a win-win comment for my mom which she made clear she was happy to hear!

4-18: Kaiden’s dedication ceremony at Cathedral Of Joy church in Richland, WA. Kaiden may never have a good relationship with his biological father, We may not have the ideal living situation with the best house or the nicest toys (who am I kidding the toys come from Nana-so yes, those will be the best), but I can guarantee this: I will develop this precious gift from God, mold and shape him, shepherd and nurture him, and commit my life to raising Kaiden in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Pictures coming soon.
4-18 Evening: Nana gets puked on, several times, by Kaiden.
4-19: Morning doctor visit with Dr. Matta where we learn Kaiden needs an antibiotic for his bacterial infection. Problem Solved.
*
* Check into 4 Star Hotel and settle our belongings on the 24th floor. Hey, when you’re fifty, you go big or go home=)
* Visit with some good friends, great food, and nice conversation. Jesse Dill (an old friend from High School) flew over with his gf, Adrienne, all the way from Georgia. Tim and Melissa (a third time mommy to a new baby girl-Stella) opened up their home for all of us to laugh, catch up, and EAT! My mom and Tim’s mom are old friends so it was nice for them to get a chance to catch up. On a scale of 1 to 10 this was a 20. A night that will definitely be remembered.
The gang (L-R): Adrienne, Jesse, Natalie Me and Baby Stella Jolie Rohr
Tim, Melissa, (look down) Rowan.
Reuniting...
My mom (Ellen) and Tim's mom (Tammy) Jesse, Me, Tim

"We want out!" Kaiden and Rowan Me and Rowan: We're Bff's. K-bug sportin his Brew Crew gear!
FAMILY
Kisses for mommy, my favorite time of day The girls...and Kaiden
* After our visit at the Rohr/Devine’s we settled in for the night. Kaiden and Auntie enjoyed some down time at the hotel saltwater pool.
This kid LOVES the water. Maybe a swimmer some day???
4-20: Mom’s 50th Birthday!!! Today was a great day for venturing Seattle. We spent the morning shopping, eating, shopping, eating (this time a crumpet...for our very first time), viewing (but not touching) the Infamous Gum Wall, walking Pike’s Market, meeting up with my friend, Kat and her daughter (same age as Kaiden), Jordan and exploring the Seattle Aquarium, shopping some more, and then ending our day eating (would we really end it any other way?) at McCormick’s and Schmicks- a phenomenal seafood place. *Note to Self* kaiden and Jordan are no longer allowed to hang out. He came home with some new “tricks” if you will. To put it lightly, Kaiden learned to utilize his voice a lot more. Thanks Jordan! =)
All in all Seattle was a great time and a cool city to venture around, but we’re all in agreement that we can go with out those 90 degree angle hills!
4-21: Leave at the crack of dawn for Seaside, OR. Approximately 4 hours of windshield time with mama, while sissy sleeps....again.
We get to Seaside and hit up breakfast! The minute we get done eating it’s pouring outside! So, we stretch out the calves and make a run for the aquarium. This was THE BEST aquarium I have ever been to. They had two octopuses, a 28 lb lobster (sadly, he died by his abductor and stuffed for viewing), and a pool of seals you could feed (the best part). It was so much fun.
After the aquarium we hit up Cannon Beach (7 miles south) where the sun broke through the clouds and allowed us to have a nice time taking pictures at all the lookout points. We decided not to hike being as how it had just down poured and the trails were extremely muddy. The wind didn’t start to pick up until we were headed to haystack rock, just down the beach from where we were taking pictures. Kaiden was rather fussy and tired at this point but once I strapped him in his baby bjorn and put a blanket over his head he passed out and i was able to site see.


4-22: I swear mom was up and ready to shop at 6am, but thankfully she let me sleep in until 8. Once we were ready it was off to downtown Portland to shop until one of us dropped (not to point fingers, but i do believe it was Kaiden who dropped first).
We started off at Voodoo doughnuts, which quite frankly I’m not a fan of doughnuts so making the stop was really higher up on Sarah’s list. The area of town wasn’t the greatest and it was a tad uncomfortable (luckily we all sort of looked homely and nobody dared to bother us for money, lol), the place was small and confined, but Sarah got her Captain crunch doughnut, mom got her cream filled doughnut, and i got my 10 pound doughnut that I specifically bought so I could take a picture of it next to Kaiden’s head. Well worth the purchase.

After walking until our feet hurt, salivating over expensive bags well out of our price range, and having to purchase a $25 outfit, unexpectedly, for Kaiden due to his explosive pants we made the drive to Multnomah Falls. Since Kaiden and I seem to be regulars there I had mom and sissy hike up to the bridge while I took some pictures of them. They looked like ants, but none-the-less at least we know it’s them.

Finally, we were homeward bound.
4-23: I wake up sick, mom doesn’t believe me. We hit up the kennewick mall and I finally find the outfit I’ve been looking for (and i just want to point out that they are the size of my pre pregnancy days). So just before we made our way to the In-Mall restaurant mom had to make a quick pit stop at old navy, because once again Kaiden exploded in his pants. *NOTE* This time we thought we were prepared as we did bring an extra outfit but clearly one outfit was not suffice. Lesson Learned- carry a back pack on wheels whenever we go out with kaiden. At least until he’s potty trianed.
4-23 evening: I come down with a 102 degree temperature. Sweet. And it’s our last night together :( Sad.
4-24: We get up SUPER early and drop mom and sissy off at the airport. Cry the whole ride home and spend the weekend feeling pukey.
The End.

No comments:
Post a Comment