natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Get me off this bottle!- help MOMMY friends!

Mommys- how do I get Kaiden off the bottle. He'll drink from a sippy cup when he's just enjoying a snack or hanging out and it's there, but when it comes down to milk/formula he refuses to take the sippy. He'll cry all night if you let until I give him the bottle. Any suggestions?

Also, he hates milk! I'm giving him toddler formula mixed in with it and hopefully in the next few weeks he'll be completely off formula and on milk. Has anyone else experienced this before? Or is he really just a stubborn little Italian like his mama?

3 comments:

  1. He is a normal child. :) Good news, huh? I am bad for giving advice because I just took it away and delt with the cries. But this is normal and maybe just give him a little bit longer. Sippys in the day with a snack and then maybe a bedtime bottle and then you can ease him out of the bedtime routine with a new routine. That may or may or may not work. all kids are different so advice you get may or may not work. Welcome to motherhood...:) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had to just take zoe's away, and when she got hungry enough she drank it.
    is it the cup or the milk?
    if it's the cup, i bought those (i think) nuby cups with the SUPER soft silicone mouth part. i had rowan on a cup at 9 months thanks to those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't be very much help. Claire basically did it herself at 11 months. I do know that at about nine months we started her on sippy cups during meals. then i cut her down to only one bottle during the evening. the rest of the day she had water in a sippy always available on the coffee table. then one day in January, she completely lost interest in the bottle and our nightly bottles stopped. she's been using those disposable sippy cups since.

    good luck girl! it's great when you stop having to wash and sanitize bottles!

    ReplyDelete