natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

This kid is done!

I'm making this post so that I have documentation with what I've dealt with over the past three weeks. Any advice/direction any of you mommy friends (or readers, in general) can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Here goes:
After receiving my offer for this new job here in Green Bay I had literally two weeks to find a daycare. I put numerous ads in search on an in-home care center (like the one I had in Tri Cities that I ABSOLUTELY loved) but after doing brief background checks learned these "certified" individuals had some sort of record. Be it criminal charges that were dropped, financial pleas, or several divorces (mind you, when looking for an in-home center the history of family violence/character/morale is looked at. I don't need my child in a home where the husband/wife scream all day at one another etc), all these so called 'quality' in homes were an absolute disgrace. Sadly discouraged, I decided to place him in a public daycare until I could network for a new one later one. Well, it's "later on."

Week one: Daily report cards note mood is happy, slept great and one day that week they "tried lunch and he didn't want any". my question is: did you try giving him something else? Perhaps cheerios or a snack that I brought prior to the first day? On a side note, I filled out numerous forms prior to start day about his favorite foods, nap schedule, eating schedule, and other pertinent information like applying vitamin A&D lotion on his bottom regardless if he had a 'rash' or not. Did you refer to these forms to see what he might like instead?

Week two: Daily report cards note mood is happy, slept great, and again there was one day that he "did not want any lunch." My question, again is did you try something else? did he just not eat that day? Also noted is " kaiden's friend stopped by to say hi. His friend held him and Kaiden gave him a kiss. it was cute." Luckily, I knew Mike was stopping by so I knew who this said 'friend' was that they were referring to. My question is, how do you know this man is my son's friend? There IS a state penitentiary 10 miles away and I never told you anyone was going to stop by for Kaiden. He's not his legal guardian, his name is, however on my emergency contact list but you never even asked for his name! Someone please tell me how this sort of incident makes this daycare "so secure?" Also noted midweek was that he was out of formula. My question is, why do you have a list of items at the bottom of the report card titled "running low on..." when you're waiting until the last minute to inform me? THEN, (week two sucked) he came home with a MAD diaper rash. It looked like you took my son's bare butt and scraped it across the street. FYI, my son has very sensative skin and if you put A&D on relgiously, there will never be a problem. I know this, I'm his mother and know that tooshie better than anyone else. After complaining, now they put his butt cream on. My quesition: why was this not done? Why did it come to a rash and one raging mother to make my point?

Week three: Daily report cards note mood is happy, slept great, and was a good eater. When I came to pick him up on Tuesday they said "gee he's not that great of an eater, is he?" whoa whoa whoa, of the three weeks he's been here you've only notified me TWICE that he hasn't eaten well. Now I'm told that actually everyday he struggles to eat all his food. WTH?

This weeks was the icing on the cake. Whenever I bring him into his infant room there is NO one in there so I have to bring him into a new room where a teacher is. Could be the room next to me where they keep the NB or the room down the hall..who knows? Just wherever I find an adult! On his birthday he came home with an accident report stating he bumped his head while trying to walk with a walker. He fell and bumped his head on a different toy. Fair enough right. Kids fall, it happens. Then today (36 hrs later) I pick him up early and he's eating a salted cracker in a high chair while I see two other kids playing and NO adult to be seen. ?? um?? She suddenly walks in the room and says "oh, you're early." I look at my child and he has a HUGE swollen, bloody lip. And he's fussy. There are SO many things wrong with this picture I can't even begin to tell you how hard it was to not rip her head off. I grab him out of his chair and he smells like poop. As I walk towards the door to grab his bag (to get a diaper out) she says "oh, he should be good." referring to his diaper. I ignore her and continue to change him where once I open his diaper I see poop up to his belly button. Really? This is what you consider changed/clean? I look at the accident report and all it says is he "fell down while playing by himself and bit his lip.'' It says there were no toys involved. Hmmmm... That's random. Look, I understand kids fall but where are you when he falls? And with this fall, you couldn't tell me what he was doing when he fell, why were you not nearby to breif him when he was in a situation that could lead to potential falling? Needless to say, I'm putting my two weeks in STAT. The horrible part is, I have to pay them for the next two weeks. I can't just up and quit. Even though I'm paying them over $200/week to neglect my child and sit back and watch him get injured.




His lip is so skinned up and bloody. What should I do? Can you really put anything on it? We have our one year wellness tomorrow and I'm going to bring it up there, but I"m also going to report them to family services. They are clearly incompetent.





*the following picture will make you sad, possibly gross you out, but more importantly will make you want to punch this daycare in the face.




2 comments:

  1. :(
    i hope you find somewhere awesome!
    i had to report a daycare once, it is such a pain. and the place wasn't shut down.
    i came to pick zoe up and she was running around outside the gated area in the driveway with another girl. when i got there i scopped her up and waited to see how long it took the lady to realize i was there-then i saw her walk from all the way in the back of the house to get outside. AND they lived on the island where my mom does in the woods near water! zomg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nats! You poor mama, and your poor little baby! My heart just breaks for you! I wish I could drive over and just take Kaiden home with us for the day so you could go to work and NOT WORRY! I'll pray for you and your buddy that you'll find safe daycare. What an aweful feeling.

    ReplyDelete