natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Inspired by Linkie

So after reading Linkie Lueville's word for thought I sat down to read my '199 favorite bible verses for busy moms' and found a few I'd like to share.

'A faithful friend is an image of God' French Proverb
'You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another' Proverbs 27:17
'The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.' Proverbs 27:9
one of my favorites: ' Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God.' Romans 8:39
'If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all.' Martin Luther King, Jr.
JJ's five year anniversary is approaching. It's funny that I could forget that it's physically approaching but every year at this time I automaticallly feel tense, irritable, and wake up in sweats. It's a big anniversary- five years. I can't believe it's been that long. But in the same sense, I see myself losing the sound of his voice, the strength of his hugs, and the memories we shared. I'm bummed a million times over that he can't be here to experience his nephew. But I think as important on that level, I'm hurting that he can't be here for me when I need him- my friend. This year I plan to celebrate his life rather than mourn on the day of his death. Laugh at the memories I do remember, and think of how much he'd enjoy being an uncle:) With all this on my mind, I''ve been taking the time at night to do some reflecting on life, the bible, and my son. It's been positive and am so grateful for what God has given me. 'With God all things are possible' Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment