natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pre stats

So this morning I made a trip to they gym bright and early. Like 8am, early. I had an appointment to get stats on my body. I walk in and see this super duper attractive guy sitting behind the 'fitnessology' desk and was thinking, 'geez, I really hope he's not the one who's going to be weighing me.' Well, sure enough it was. He took my blood pressure (which was a bit low-but I feel it was because I had literally just pulled myself out of bed) then we proceeded to a private room. I wasn't really sure what was going to happen but assumed it was to take my weight. It was this and MUCH more. First I weighed in. I'm 7 lbs lighter than when I first joined the gym 4 weeks ago (hollerrrrr), but still not at the healthy weight I'd like to be at. Then he took my fat measurements. Oh Em GEE how humiliating. It didn't help that He caught on to the fact that I was trying to flex while he was pinching and jiggled my arm to get me to stop. Ladies, what happens when you wave your arm. Yeah, exactly. This gorgeous guy was taking a measuring device clamping my fat on my arms, hips and stomach. Just super! After this I had a series of physical tests I had to do to test my balance, strength, and cardiovascular tolerances. The good news is my balance and strength were in the 'excellent' range. My cardio needs some work. That was only average. Overall, I'm BELOW AVERAGE! Yuck! I couldn't believe it! He showed me the calculations and the big drawback was... you guessed it, my body fat! I'm at a 32%. Let's reflect on this. The human body is made up of 2/3 water. That's 66%. That puts me at 66% water, 32% fat, and 2% of other 'stuff' like muscle. Right? Maybe not, but regardless 32%!!!

I can't wait to keep hitting the gym hard to come back in a few months and have the same hot (though engaged) fittness trainer measure me again. Average fat percentage in women is between 24-28%. I'd like to shoot for below average. And dangit, I'm going to be!

So now that I've thoroughly embarrassed myself by sharing that information, keep an eye out for the new and improved coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment