natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

1600 miles and a break

Last Wednesday my mom and Mike flew into Richland at 11pm. Mom flew out with Kaiden early Thursday morning for Rice Lake (where my mom lives in WI), where I had to do some last minute work stuff and get a cavity filled (20 year cycle free of cavities broke! I blame post pardum). Mike and I packed, cleaned, and packed some more on Thursday. After a few minor setbacks: RAIN (like, hurricane-hard rain), me being too weak to lift the heavy stuff, finding mold in my apartment, not having enough room in the truck to pack everything, and having to hitch my SUV up on the tow: we finally got moving out of Tri Cities by 8pm.

eeeiiiwwwwww



Goodbye Tri Cities..... Goodbye Mountains....

Mike started off driving and got us all the way to Missoula, MT. At that time we were going to call it a night but realized it was 4am Mountain time and figured it'd be a huge waste of hotel money for only 4 hours of bedrest. So, I got behind the wheel. I was actually glad we did it this way because we were able to check out Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore, and Crazy horse and only having to crash one night in a hotel. And did we crash hard! At 7:30pm on Saturday we finally arrived at my mom's in Rice Lake.

Thus far I've spent the weekend trying to prepare for my first day of work (on the 7th), spending time with my mom, making plans to spend some time with my MN friends, and nursing my poor baby back to health. Although after a doc visit today it seems we might have discovered the problem behind his on/off runny nose and cough: Allergies and Asthma. Asthma runs in my family. When JJ was a baby he had my mom running back to the doc weekly, and even had a few overnight hosptial visits due to his asthma. As far as the allergies I think this may get better in a few week. Tri Cities is notorious (as all you TC friends know) for allergies. I'm not claiming either of these things yet...we'll see what this nebulizer and antihestime does and check back in two weeks with our new pediatrician (whom we've yet to find in De Pere).


I'll be here at my mom's until Friday then i'm off to my new place in De Pere, WI. I'm so excited I've already memorized my new address. Hollerrrrr! I'm not gonna lie, it's not all real to me yet. I think once I get settled, it'll all truly sink in.












No comments:

Post a Comment