natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Only getting worse

Kaiden spiked a fever on Sunday and it was between 99.8 and 102 all day. Today I brought him to daycare where I made it extra clear he needed extra attention. Throughout the day he refused to eat anything but his bottle, was straddling 101 the entire 8 hours he was there, and his termperament was completely out of the ordinary. Oh, and he had numerous coughing spells in which in two cases, the flem won and he spit up ruining his clothes.

After picking him up, I got home and put a cold bead pack (thank you catherine Hacking for that wonderful and useful gift) on his head as I sang some happy lullybyes: the wheels on the bus mostly because I really need to brush up on my kiddy songs. But that's besides the point. He let me 'nuggle him for a good hour until I just couldn't stand seeing my baby so out of the ordinary. I threw him in the bathtub where it took him awhile to warm up to the idea of an early bath but once he got use to it he played for about 15 minutes then worked up the energy to stand up, hang onto the side of the tub and say "mama" over and over. After getting him dressed and reading him a book I checked his temp again: 102.8! At that moment I started to panic. Again, I slapped a cold pack on him, laid my hands on him and prayed. After another episode of "the wheels on the bus" with an inlet of "Little Miss Muffet" I checked his temperature again: 99.9. Whew.

Then, to save the day (again) Mike came up. His band practice got cancelled and he had nothing better going on (what's better than hanging out with my little Kbug?) so he played with Kaiden so I could enjoy some "me" time. Though I was hesitant to go, I knew he was in good hands and decided to hit up my first real day at the gym.

Side note: the sales lady at the gym said she could only imagine how little free time I get and cut me a huge deal giving me the summer free of charge (and no charge for daycare either) to work out. Bless her heart! I ran three miles and did countless sit-ups. My calves are sore and my a$$ feels stupendous!

After running errands and making it home the little man was fast asleep (good job Mike). My sweet little boy. Tomorrow we have yet another doc appointment where I'm going to force my doctor to give me some cold stone diagnosis! (ooh, cold stone- yum....no, I just worked out focus, Natalie, focus!). So, keep my baby boy in prayer. My brother and I grew up with asthma (his far worse than mine- putting him in the hopsital on countless occasions) so I have a feeling this flemmy cough could be in part, due to asthma. *sigh* praying for a day of answers tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment