
Today:
I woke up at 5am to give Kaiden a bottle. After rocking him back to sleep I was awaken again at 7:30 by Poohbah having to go potty and Kaiden burning up. As I sat on the couch feeling sorry for my little man and looking at him adoringly, this precious moment was seized by a mere gallon of spit up right into my crotch. I quickly squeezed my legs together so his regergitated 5am formula wouldn't smother my already 'to hell' brand new furnture. So, I slithered down to the ground and pulled myself with my arms to the kitchen scooting my butt ever so gently so the pile of steaming liquid would stay on my lap. As I quickly undressed in the kitchen I battled poohbah licking up this mess, Kaiden crying, and now myself being naked. Fabulous morning.
Then at just before 2pm I was enjoying the silence of my home with the windows open, the baby sleeping and just the clicks of my computer keys as I caught up on old emails when Kaiden suddenly decides to wake up. He was, again burning up! 102 temp. I stripped him down and put him in the tub along with a dose of tylenol. After about 30 minutes of water time he had a bottle and began to eat his lunch when again, he spit up! We've been battling these coughing/spitting up episodes for awhile now. Pretty much since he's stopped nursing. We've tried different formulas, different foods, and a nebulizer treatment the last two weeks. To give you an idea about how serious this might be:
Kaiden was born at 6 lb 3oz. In the course of a year he's only gained 12 pounds. And in the last three months he's battled gaining just under 2 pounds. Should I be concerned? We have his 1 year wellness check up on July 2nd where our new doctor here is going to put Kaiden through some blood work to check for some potential allegies among other things. My poor peanut. He just doesn't want to grow, I guess.
So instead of worrying about how I"m going to cure my hangover in time to go out again, I've now become this person who is here

No comments:
Post a Comment