natalie. kaiden. poohbah.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

What $4.00 can get you




A Caribou Northern Lite Latte and oodles of life advice.
My cup says:

  • Spend time with your kids, tomorrow they're a day older
  • Give your change to charity
  • Be the first to apologize
  • Don't wait for New year's to make a resolution
  • Donate Blood, you have plenty
  • Sing out loud
  • Dance in the rain
  • Get your hands dirty
  • Marshmallows have no nutritional value, and that's ok
  • You'll only be your current age once
  • only look back if it makes you smile
  • Be the rule of your own life
  • Plant lots of trees
  • Dare to adventure
  • Learn to say thank you in ten languages
  • Indulge in chocolate therapy
  • Life is short. Stay awake for it.

And now, on another note my creative, talented, and hella funny friend Melissa Devine has nominated me for the 'Honest Scrap Award.' Rules being, I have to tell you ten honest, hopefully interesting, things about myself and then pass it along to some good blogs.


1. I have lived in four states, but of the four have had my very OWN place in three.

2.I labored for 13 hours with my son, but only pushed for 8minutes. He and my sister share the same bday leaving me to believe that he purposefully let me agonize in labor so that he could be born on the same day as his Auntie.

3. I re-wear my jeans before washing them but having a baby has really rained on that idea.

4. I have two Bachelor of Science degrees: one in Physics and one in Industrial Engineering- Imma geek.

5. I am still paying off school loans from those two degrees and have forecasted payments until 2018. Fantastic.

6. I didn't 'plan' the birth of my son. In fact, it scared me to pieces to learn I'd be a mom. But now that I am, I feel more complete and more rewarded than I ever have in all my life.

7. In High School I was All-conference in two different sports, placed 2nd in state for weightlifting, was on Varsity squad since the 7th grade, was athlete of the year my senior year, and also won best legs in my senior high school class. I wish I was still that athletic, and I'd like those legs back.

8. My sister stayed with me for six weeks when Kaiden was little and during those six weeks we shared more laughs and stories with one another than we had in the 21 years we've known each other.

9. I'm occasionally OCD. I like things done my way, and sometimes (more often than not) have to 'fix' the favor that was just done for me.

10. I get scared really easily. If I'm not expecting someone over at my house and hear a knock, I freak out and either pretend I'm not home or answer the door with a knot in my stomach and the phone in my hand with my mom's number on speed dial.

1 comment:

  1. haha, i'm glad you caught that i nominated you cause somewhere between a poopy diaper and lunch i forgot to tell you ;)

    ReplyDelete